NEW BLOG/WEBSITE :)

PLEASE CHECK OUT BLOG UPDATES
ON my website schumacherart.com

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Illustrative

So, as I am finding my groove in the painting process, I am finding that the same process (sketching, redrawing on tracing paper, transfering the drawing etc) works pretty much the same for screen printing & illustration... so fun. 

Drawing has always been my favorite escape & I love the idea of incorporating it into other applications. 

Above is a work in progress, and a first in a series, to illustrate a good friend's absolutely wonderful children's story. It is 11x17 acrylic & pen. It is of a little boy, with his friend the wind,and he is inspired by the nature around him.


Above is a close-up sketch 
Above is a digital illustration I created for a postcard, for local salon (owned by another good friend :) . I followed a similar process, but instead of transferring to paper, I scanned it & redrew in Illustrator. The paisleys in her hair was a re-occurring theme in the salon's other marketing. 


 Above sketches for the postcard, & notes to myself. :) 

No comments: