NEW BLOG/WEBSITE :)

PLEASE CHECK OUT BLOG UPDATES
ON my website schumacherart.com

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Screen printing = FUN


In July Vance gave me a screen printing kit for my birthday. Last week the girls & I opened it up & had some fun. I had been wanting to start screen printing & had in my mind that it was a very involved, complicated process. I was thinking this, probably because I had never  done this & had only seen the process on youtube. I was really surprised at how easy it was to make the print below. Now, to find more screens!!!! :)
Anna, already multi-tasking- squeggee-ing & holding a bottle at the same time :)


Sophia was the paint-mixer. We came up with this "hot peach" color. So fun!

Here it is! My very first screen print. 

The image was a large version of the flower used in the pattern in my last blog entry. This flower was taken also from a  sketch I did for the Excelsior art store ArtWorks, sketched Summer 08.  I used a different sketch/finished painting for their sign, but kept the other work & wha la, here it is, in a totally different medium. So fun that the creative juices can be used for many applications. The girls & I mixed up some dark teal & printed on a smoother paper. I did not like it nearly as well as this on the watercolor paper.... again, need more screens!!! Must print more! LOVED THIS PROCESS!


No comments: