NEW BLOG/WEBSITE :)

PLEASE CHECK OUT BLOG UPDATES
ON my website schumacherart.com

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Patterns..... & daydreams



So.... 
this is what I have been thinking about for, awhile, ok, like the last year. How to take my paintings & ideas & find other "places"for them. 

I L-o-v-e patterns & repetition, & of course, design. When I grow up I want to be a "surface designer". I just found that term & a light bulb went off. "Yes! That's me, that's what I want to do!" I thought to myself. So, I am in the process of scanning in my sketches, &  finished paintings, & re-creating them digitally to create  patterns that I can easily manipulate. I am working first in black & white. It is easier for me to start there & work on color later. I have been pulling pages from magazines & scraps of paper/string/ ribbon, any cool color combos & putting them in a "color file" to reference later. 

In my daydreams I am working just like I am now. In the kitchen w/ chaos & family noises. But, in the visions there is a fun "Mary-poppins" type woman who swoops in & takes care of household/kid duties for 4 hrs a day while I am in my "La-La Land" head space. I would be creating  designs to be on "surfaces"- anything to surf boards, fabric, journals endless possibilities. Also, I would paint, & make art quilts.....................ahhh,  then return to "real life". 

:)

No comments: