NEW BLOG/WEBSITE :)

PLEASE CHECK OUT BLOG UPDATES
ON my website schumacherart.com

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just a Sketch'n

So, I tend to be a wee bit predictable. :)
 I like to do the same process over & over. (Could you tell with the dots?)   I like my  coffee in the same mug every morning, I like running for the zoning effect, on the same trail, preferably the same time of day, listening to the same several tunes.  I can listen to the same song on repeat for weeks, or months.  I think that is how I learn best, repeat, repeat, repeat, & then maybe repeat again. So, as not to break the trend... I have incorporated that same excitement (that was written sarcastically) into the design process. I have been sketching, sketching, getting new books from the library & sketching more. My brain is now full of bits of patterns from Mexican pottery, intricate ironwork, American art deco, & even weathervanes- great folk art pieces. Below are 2 pics from the stack 'o sketches. They are double sided & lots of 'em :) 

The new "process" complete with sticker directions to myself :) I used color envelopes to tell myself  to :

1. SKETCH, ok I think I've got that down

2. Match sketches to color file

3. Create Digital File 

FUN FUN  :) 

No comments: