NEW BLOG/WEBSITE :)

PLEASE CHECK OUT BLOG UPDATES
ON my website schumacherart.com

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Work in progress for Kerriann



My cute little blonde niece, (Sorry to describe you that way, Kerriann, I know you're tough too)  is an Army soldier. She has done 2 tours in Iraq. She has asked if I would design a tattoo for her. HELL YEAH! So, this is how the process always starts: A few parameters: a cross, a flag, & the words "Por deo et patria", (for God & country). Then I dig into magazines. The bottom photo is what I found, that I can use for the tattoo. There are belt buckle designs, bits of car & perfume ads, the way a curtain drapes, I might use as the way the flag can drape across the cross. There are wings & cool textures, thickness or thinness of lines, the list is endless & so are the possibilities. Then I sketch (top photo). Next I'll place these two into In Design or Illustrator & draw on the computer..... I will blog the progress. I am so honored to design this one :)

No comments: