NEW BLOG/WEBSITE :)

PLEASE CHECK OUT BLOG UPDATES
ON my website schumacherart.com

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy places

While trying to get the marketing stuff made, & finish Laura's painting I decided to make a "sketch" for my dear friend Lynn's birthday. It was a sketch to remind her of the happy places that we let our minds go when real life gets stressful, or boring. It was just a sketch, so that I could do a "real" painting later in whatever size/colors she'd like. Well, then I liked the sketch so I painted it & now I REALLY Like it, so much that I don't think it needs dots of color! What a new concept for me! :)  It is a metallic gold & I still need to finish the details in the roots at the bottom. But, it got me thinking about flat colors & screen printing  & turning the pile 'o sketches that I have waiting for me, into 2 color screen prints. So, I will keep you posted on any new adventures & try & finish & frame this for my friend SOON!

No comments: